What is Housing Assistance?
In addition to providing social housing, Link Housing offers a range of other Housing Assistance services to people who are, or are at risk of becoming, homeless or need help to rent in the private rental market. Our Housing Assistance services include:
Homelessness and temporary accommodation
Link Housing helps people who are – or about to become – homeless.
- We can give you expert advice and refer you to specialist homelessness services to help you find temporary accommodation.
- We can also provide temporary accommodation in low cost motels or caravan parks for those who are homeless, until they can secure a more permanent option.
- As part of the NSW Government’s Together Home program launched in July 2020 in response to COVID-19, Link Housing is also providing long-term housing to 23 formerly homeless clients. Working with our network of partners, these clients are also supported with relevant services to help them rebuild their lives and sustain their tenancies. Read more.
Domestic and family violence
Link Housing is committed to helping victims of domestic and family violence find refuge.
Under the government’s Rent Choice Start Safely scheme, we can provide our own housing or work with other organisations to make sure people in dangerous situations find safe accommodation, in both the short-term and medium-term.
Private Rental Assistance
Link Housing can also provide rental assistance to those who are struggling to find (or hold onto) a rental home. This might be because they are on a waiting list for Affordable Housing or Social Housing, or for any other reason.
As a part of this service we can help by:
- paying urgent rent costs
- working with real estate agents to help find suitable housing
- securing a tenancy agreement with an interest-free bond loan
- setting up Tenancy Facilitation and Tenancy Guarantees.
If you’re in urgent need of housing, please call the homeless services helpline ‘Link2Home’ on 1800 152 152 or Link Housing on (02) 9412 5111.