Link Housing is committed to providing safe homes. If there is a repair or maintenance issue that makes your home unsafe, please tell us by requesting a repair.
There are different ways to request a repair depending on the type of housing you live in.
If you transferred from Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), previously named FACS, to Link Housing on 3 December 2018, or if you are housed in a property that Link Housing took management of as part of the Social Housing Management Transfer (SHMT) on 3rd December 2018, you can either:
- Contact your repairs call centre on 1800 422 322 (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Email details of your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact your Housing Manager at Link Housing and they can talk to the repairs call centre for you. Your Housing Manager will also investigate any repair issues that have not been fixed.
If you are not sure, or you live in one of Link Housing’s other properties, you can either:
- Fill out our online Repair request form, and our team will respond the next business day.
- Call Link Housing on (02) 9412 5111 from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, (urgent repair calls can be taken after hours).
- Visit our offices in Chatswood or West Ryde to tell us in person.
If you have one of the below issues, please call Link Housing on (02) 9412 5111 as soon as possible. If calling outside of our normal business hours, follow the prompts to select option “1” and speak to our after-hours team.
They will ask you a series of questions and let you know the next steps. Please don’t use the Repair request form if your repair is urgent. The following is a list of issues that are considered urgent:
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Failure or breakdown of gas, electricity or water supply
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service
for hot water, cooking and heating
- Any unsafe fault or damage.
For emergencies involving gas leaks, flooding, storm or fire damage, please contact 000 immediately.
For urgent matters, we will work out with you how quickly assistance is required:
• For emergencies, we will send someone to your home as soon as possible.
• For other urgent matters, we will attend to you within 24 hours.
• If the problem cannot be solved right away and requires further work or specialist help, we will make it safe, assess it and prepare a report for further action. We will let you know when to expect the problem to be fixed.
For non-urgent matters:
• We will try to help you solve the problem over the phone if we can.
• If you have emailed us, we will contact you within the next 2 business days.
• Our team will contact the repair team or relevant tradespeople to tell them of your issue. They will then call you directly to make an appointment to come to your home. If you need to change the appointment, please call the contractor at least 24 hours in advance.
• If possible, we will tell you how long it will take for the repair to be done. If we can’t tell you immediately, we will stay in regular contact with you until we know.
• Sometimes a tradesperson will need to visit your home to inspect the problem and return later to fix it.
Why is my repairs number different?
Our tenants who transferred from DCJ (previously named FACS) on 3 December 2018, or are housed in a property that Link Housing took management of as part of the SHMT on 3rd December 2018, continue to be serviced by their DCJ contractor.
Link Housing is working closely with this contractor to ensure your issues are addressed. Please call our Client Services team on (02) 9412 5111 if you have any questions.