Social outings and events
Our residents look forward to Link Housing events and outings like our annual Tenant End of Year Party and Botanical Gardens Day Out. Our free events and outings are advertised in the tenant newsletter, Community Link, on our website and on our Facebook page.
Arts and culture
Link Housing provides opportunities for residents to participate in arts and culture. Our arts and culture programs and activities are developed in consultation with residents who tell us their interests and needs through formal feedback and informal conversation.
- Interactive theatre performances and forums: In partnership with Milk Crate Theatre Company, Link Housing engages tenants and community members to share their needs, concerns and creativity through interactive theatre.
- No Place Like Home art exhibition: Link Housing’s annual art exhibition highlights the importance of having a safe, secure and affordable ‘home’ and raises awareness about the need for more community housing. Residents and creatives from all over NSW contribute artworks around the theme ‘No Place Like Home’. Past patrons include well-known Sydney-based artist, Jane Bennett.
Health and Fitness
We know that your health and well-being is important to you. Link Housing offers the following initiatives to help improvel the health and well-being needs of our resident community.
- Trail Blazers Walking Club is open to all. It meets regularly and follows easy walks and trails in and around beautiful Sydney.
- LinkFit is a pilot program started in 2019. Twenty Link Housing residents of various ages are trialing an affordable three-month membership with a local gym.
- Annual Health and Well-being Survey: Link Housing’s Health and Well-being Survey helps us to understand how we can make a positive contribution to your health and well-being. The Survey is run in March/April each year.
Education and Employment
We know that education, training and employment empowers our residents to live a better life. We invest significantly in programs to support you to achieve your education and employment goals.
- Supported TAFE education: We partner with Wesley Mission to provide high-quality training programs to help you develop your skills, create employment opportunities and build your career. Courses are subsidised and selected based on resident feedback.
- Tenant Employment Incentive Scheme (TEIS). To support residents who start earning an income through employment, Link Housing will work with you to make sure you do not immediately lose your rental subsidy.
- Education Scholarships: Link Housing has awarded numerous education scholarships over the years. The scholarships are used to assist in a wide variety of studies and extra-curricular programs including soccer, creative writing, psychology and business. Applications open in July/August each year. Read about our past Education Scholarship Award recipients: Josh Bui; Tom and Ralph Cockburn; Sangyal Choedon
Community gardening programs and competitions
To support the many Link Housing residents who enjoy gardening, getting out in the fresh air and making friends, we run two special programs:
- Community gardening
- The annual gardening competition
Download the Community Greening Fact Sheet to find out more.
Need more information?
If you would like more information about any of the above programs, please get in touch with our Client Services or Community Engagement teams (02) 9412 5111.