With the school holidays fast approaching, you might be wondering what else you can do to keep the kids entertained at home. Below are our top 10 fun and free things to do to occupy the little ones and make sure they have a great holiday.
1. Check out your local council website for some wonderful free activities and resources like Online Storytime on City of Ryde’s website.
2. Visit What’s On City of Sydney for a range of events that are online or follow current COVID-19 restrictions.
4. Explore Australia’s favourite zoos from your living room. Taronga Zoo Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo have launched Taronga TV! Start your family safari today: https://taronga.org.au/taronga-tv. Melbourne Zoo also has live webcams. Want to go a step further? Travel to America and watch the stars of The San Diego Zoo.
5. Start a 7 day Free trial of Busy Things to access a range of fun, educational games for kids aged 3 to 11.
6. Encourage a love of the arts. Google Arts and Culture has partnered with over 2,500 museums and galleries around the world to offer virtual tours of their spaces. Some of the options include New York’s Museum of Modern Art and Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum. The Louvre, based in Paris, is also offering its own virtual tour online for free.
7. Want to know 15 rainforest facts? Teach your kids about nature and other cultures with National Geographic Kids.
8. Reinvent ‘story time’ by letting a famous actor read to your child. See what books are available now on Storyline Online.
9. Type in any city, state, or country on What Was There to view an archive of historical photographs and other documents. It’s a unique way to help children learn about history.
10. Get your kids excited about cooking and craft with the below resources:
Want tips for staying safe online with your kids? View resources for parents on the eSafety Commissioner website.