Link Housing is committed to improving its existing housing portfolio as well as developing new homes for people in housing need.
Link Housing works with many partners to achieve quality housing outcomes for people in housing need including local government, the NSW Government, other not-for-profit organisations and developers.
Projects currently underway with various partners include the following exciting developments:
- Redevelopment of the airspace above a public car park to deliver 30 affordable housing properties to Sydney’s Inner West
- Redevelopment of a site in Willoughby in which we’ve partnered with a disability organisation to deliver 40 affordable housing units
- Redevelopment of a site in Cammeray which will deliver a new age boarding house providing much need accommodation in an area of high demand
- Redevelopment of a site in Lane Cove North that will result in private market dwellings as well as social housing apartments to be managed by Link Housing.
This year Link Housing also successfully partnered with Hyecorp for the redevelopment of some properties in Lane Cove North. The project will deliver private and social housing dwellings with Link Housing managing the new social housing stock.
Other completed projects:
- Thirty-two affordable housing units in Potts Hill. In this development, Link Housing delivered its leverage commitments two and a half years ahead of schedule. All of these homes exceeded the Building Sustainability Index (BASIX) certification requirements. Download the brochure to read more about our Potts Hill development.
- Redevelopment of a boarding house in partnership with North Sydney Council using grant funding from Family and Community Services (FACS). The project delivered a new age boarding house that provides long-term affordable housing to community members in an area of high demand. Watch our video about the development.
Organisations interested in working with Link Housing can email email@example.com or at 9412 5111 and ask to be put in touch with our Chief Development Officer.
Potts Hill Development
First off the Block!
Link Housing Delivers 100% of its Nation Building Leverage Commitments
The Hon Brad Hazzard, MP Minister for Family and Community Services and the Minister for Social Housing helped Link Housing mark the completion of their 32 home affordable development at an opening event on Wednesday 17 June.
Minister Hazzard said: “I congratulate Link Housing on this fabulous milestone and the opportunity it provides for the people of Western Sydney, it is great to see that Link have not only met their leveraging commitment, they have exceeded it, providing even more affordable homes”.
Link Housing, a Tier 1 Registered Community Housing Provider (CHP) successfully secured 218 dwellings under the Nation Building Economic Stimulus Project. As part of securing these properties, Link Housing was to leverage an additional 27 homes by 2018.
Link Housing has over achieved and delivered 32 new affordable homes in Potts Hill NSW, 2 ½ years ahead of schedule representing a 120% return. This makes Link the first CHP in NSW to have fully delivered its nation building leverage commitment.
Andrew McAnulty, CEO of Link Housing said; “this fantastic achievement underscores Link Housing’s strong history of providing affordable rental accommodation to people on very low to moderate incomes”, adding, “we have funds available to deliver more homes in partnership with local communities, State and Federal Government and the private sector”.
Please view our brochure about the developement below.
Link Housing has built 32 homes near Bankstown NSW
All homes are now occupied
Location: Rowe Drive (off Brunker Road) POTTS HILL NSW 2143
These homes consist of:
- Four one bedroom Accessible dwellings – with single garage
- 24 two storey x two bedroom dwellings – with single garage
- Four studio apartments - with single garage
Conveniently located and surrounded by excellent amenities
- 10 mins from Bankstown CBD
- Close to major roads like Rookwood Road, the Hume Highway and motorways
- Birrong train station just a few minutes away
- Two primary schools and two high schools nearby
- Major shopping centres just 3 kilometres away
- Walking and cycle paths, parks and community open space waiting for you