Why clients choose us
As an NRAS and SEPP approved property manager, Link Housing manages properties for councils, the NSW Government, developers, private owners (real estate agents and landlords) and organisations providing youth services, women’s service and disability support.
A dedicated team that:
- offers highly competitive rates
- is customer-focused and therefore better positioned to retain tenancies
- is highly experienced in managing Affordable Housing, Social Housing, housing for people with a disability, and private rental housing.
Our housing professionals deliver high-quality service across all aspects of housing management and are supported by teams who drive community engagement and partnership development.
With one of the lowest tenant-to-staff ratios in Sydney, we exceed national benchmarks in managing rental arrears, occupancy rates, average days vacant, tenant satisfaction and property maintenance.
Managing investment properties
With Link Housing’s experience in managing commercial properties, investors can be reassured that their private rental or Affordable Housing property is well looked after. We look after:
- market rent valuations
- property marketing
- property care
- compliance reporting
- asset management
- tenancy management and support.
Choosing the right tenants
Link Housing recognises the importance of matching the right tenant to the right property, creating a win–win for both tenant and property owner. Our housing professionals will:
- shortlist applicants and give you informative tenant recommendations even in tight timelines
- ensure that applicants are eligible according to Affordable Housing guidelines
- contact successful applicants within one working day from the time of confirmation.
Low vacancy rates
By building relationships with tenants, we usually get early notification of a tenant’s intention to vacate a property. This allows us to act sooner to promote the property for a new tenant, and reduce the time the property is vacant.
We also support tenants to responsibly end their tenancy and vacate the property. This contributes to better property care and reduced costs to both tenants and property owners.
Inspections and property maintenance
For Social Housing and housing for people with a disability:
- Link Housing has an effective maintenance program informed by annual property assessments.
- Our asset management strategy maintains new assets and extends the life of ageing assets, while also improving tenant experience and the overall standard of housing.
For privately owned properties:
- Link Housing successfully balances being responsive to tenants’ repair requirements whilst being fully mindful of property owners’ budgets.
- Our excellent contacts with local tradespeople help to keep repair costs down. Property owners are always kept informed and repairs are carried out in a timely manner for tenant satisfaction.
Sustainability and Asset Management
Link Housing is committed to providing exemplary asset management. Our focus in this area ensures we maintain new assets and extend the life of ageing assets, thereby substantially adding to the amenity and enjoyment of tenants as well as the overall standard of housing.
Our 10 year Strategic Asset Management Plan details Link Housing’s programs to upgrade and extend the life of properties and improve amenities based on forecast maintenance. Additionally, our rigorous monitoring and reporting has seen us achieve high satisfaction and scores in Annual Tenant Satisfaction Surveys, Annual Compliance Assessments (ACAs), Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) Property Assessment Surveys (PAS).
In late 2017, Link Housing was named the Most Sustainable Social Enterprise, winning the Better Business Awards. The Awards are a joint initiative between North Sydney, Willoughby and Ku-ring-gai councils to promote and recognise environmentally sound business practices. We won the award because of our focus on recycling, development of almost 40 sustainably designed properties, and the fitting of over 200 rainwater tanks to properties.
Real estate agents and landlords
As a licensed real estate agent, Link Housing works with real estate agents and landlords for the purpose of renting affordable private property to our tenants. Link Housing receives an annual grant from the NSW Government to fund this program.
Find out how you can work with Link Housing and the benefits in our Real Estate Agents and Landlords fact sheet.
To find out more about Link Housing’s property management services, contact our friendly team on (02) 9412 5111.