Government funded support services for senior residents

September 16, 2020

Link Housing is pleased to introduce Government funded support services for senior residents.

We are introducing this program to improve the health and wellbeing of our senior residents and increase their social networks. We want our senior residents to feel part of their community.

Did you know that you may be able to get funding from the Government to help you live independently at home?

The funding support is through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and can help you pay for a range of support services. See below for example services.

Support services for senior residents on offer

  • Entertainment
  • Interest groups such as creative arts
  • Delivery of your meals
  • Exercise and wellbeing
  • Personal care and equipment to keep you mobile
  • Fun outings
  • Transport to shops and wherever you need to go
  • Help with chores around your home

View the flyer

Link Housing is a COVID Safe organisation. All programs will follow COVID-19 Government guidelines. Face to face services will be available if it is safe to do so.

Eligibility and the process

  • If you’re a senior resident aged 50 years and older, or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander tenant 45 years or older, Link Housing can help you apply for the funding and get this help.
  • Residents need to be approved for a My Aged Care package. Our Community Programs team will help you do this.

If you would like to get involved, contact Maria from the Community Programs team at Link Housing for more information. Call 9412 5111 or email Also keep a look out for flyers at your property.

We are running this program in partnership with Uniting Home and Community Care Services. Uniting also have higher support packages which our residents can access by referral.

Looking for more ways to stay connected to Link Housing and your community? Read our blog post: Stay connected