Want to apply for the 2021 Scholarship Program? Please visit our new website.
Applications for the Link Housing’s Scholarship Program open in July each year.
Our Scholarship Program provides support for tenants by assisting with the cost of education, sports activities or special interests like music or the arts that help them achieve their full potential. It can be used for school children, TAFE or university students, as well as tenants of all ages.
How much can you apply for?
The maximum amount residents can apply for depends on what the scholarship will be used for:
- Short courses up to $1000
- School or TAFE up to $1500
- University up to $2000
What can the Scholarship be used for?
You can use the funding to pay for lots of different things such as:
- Course fees, for example TAFE or university
- Text books, workbooks, study guides
- Computer equipment
- Sports kit/ equipment
- Special equipment
- Specialist skills development e.g. writing courses or football academies
- Outside-of-school activities such as sports or playing an instrument
- Courses in arts, crafts and other areas of interest for adults
- Courses in employment related skills for example, driving lessons
Who can apply?
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- live in a Link Housing home
- be a permanent Australian resident
How do I apply?
- Simply fill in an application form found here on our website or pick up a form from the Link Housing offices in Chatswood or West Ryde. You can also call the office to have an application form posted to you.
- You will need to fill out the application form giving as much detail as possible.
- You will also need to send in documents to support your application. This might include a course acceptance letter, copy of course fees, and quotes for any equipment costs or sporting activities.
- Supporting information is important and helps Link Housing to better understand how the scholarship could help you to achieve your goals.