This scholarship provides support for tenants by assisting with the cost of education, sports activities or special interests like music or the arts. It can be used for school children, TAFE or university students, as well as tenants of all ages.
What is the scholarship amount?
This depends on who and what the scholarship will be used for.
- $750 for primary school children (K–6)
- $1,000 for secondary school children (Year 7–12)
- $1,500 for university or TAFE studies and personal development
What can I use it for?
You can use the scholarship to pay for things like:
- Course fees for school, TAFE or university
- Text books, workbooks or study guides
- Computer equipment
- Sports equipment
- Special equipment
- Courses in employment related skills (e.g. driving lessons)
- Specialist skills development (e.g. writing courses or football academies)
- Outside-of-school activities such as swimming, football or singing lessons
How many scholarships are available?
It varies every year.
In 2018, Link Housing awarded scholarships to 40 tenants, who put the funds towards a wide variety of studies and extra-curricular programs including, soccer, creative writing, psychology and business.
How do I apply?
- Simply fill in an application form (form will be available when the program starts) or pick up a form from the Link Housing offices in Chatswood or West Ryde.
- Applications open in July each year – we’ll usually include a reminder on our website and Facebook page, and in the tenant newsletter.
- You’ll also need to provide supporting documentation, such as copies of your course acceptance letter, course fees, or quotes for any equipment costs or sporting activities.
- Your application will be assessed by Link Housing and a representative from another not-for-profit community organisation.
- If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to an awards ceremony (in November or December) to receive your scholarship.
Read our Scholarship Program guidelines to find out more.