Link Housing is a long-term provider of housing for people with a disability.
For the past 35 years, Link Housing has been providing safe, secure and affordable housing for people with a disability.
We provide tenancy and property management for around 300 tenancies including Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), SDA Respite, and non-SDA group homes.
Our high-quality end to end disability housing services have been recognised by the NDIS and is backed by the following:
- Registration as a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Tier 1 CHP status with the national community housing regulator
- Meeting the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission guidelines. The Commission is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services.
Together with our partners, we provide a range of disability support services to help people with a disability pursue fulfilling and independent lives.
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is for people who have extreme functional impairment or very high support needs and therefore need specialist housing solutions and supports. It is a product under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Meet some of our clients
Link Housing has a vibrant community of almost 300 residents currently living in disability housing.
Sam and Chris are two of our residents living in our medical group home in Asquith, which is run in conjunction with Cerebral Palsy Alliance. Sam and Chris have developed a wonderful friendship and enjoy being able to engage with other residents, contribute to their community and pursue their individual interests, while also having their own room and space to retreat to when they want. You can read more about their story here.
Our Disability Housing Specialists can help
Link Housing has a passionate Specialist Disability team, based in West Ryde and led by Arnel (pictured). This dedicated and experienced team of Disability Housing Specialists work closely with our NDIS clients’ support providers and help our tenants living with disability. Using a person-centred approach, they assist clients and their families to understand their individual needs and advise them on their options.
Some of the areas our Disability Housing Specialists can help with include:
- Advising on eligibility for SDA
- Assisting to include SDA in participant’s NDIS plan
- Placing participants in appropriate and long-term SDA accommodation
- Finding suitable non-SDA accommodation options through our Social Housing, Affordable Housing or Property Development services
- Managing modifications when requested by the client and their health practitioner
- Liaising with the NDIA for an applicant, if required
- Accompanying tenants to visits with their Local Area Coordinator (LAC).
Link Housing has disability accommodation throughout North Sydney, including in Terrey Hills, Mona Vale, Frenchs Forest, Forestville, Roseville, Elanora Heights, Beacon Hill, Cromer, Waitara, North Wahroonga, Asquith, Hornsby Heights, Galston, Pennant Hills, West Pennant Hills, Denistone East, Denistone West, Ryde, West Ryde, Marsfield, Belrose, Allambie Heights, Epping, Marsfield, St Ives, Mount Colah, Normanhurst, Thornleigh and North Ryde.
If you would like to find out more about our available properties, please contact our Disability team on 9412 5111, email email@example.com, or click below to fill in our online form and have our Disability team call you back.
The Link Housing Difference
Link Housing is committed to providing people living with a disability greater choice about where and how they live in the community and providing access to the support they need to be independent and achieve their goals. We provide safe, secure residences, and always treat our tenants with kindness, respect and fairness.
With an extensive range of accommodation available for residents requiring disability housing, we ensure accommodation is tailored and designed to the needs and requirements of each tenant’s particular circumstances. Our disability accommodation has been designed and developed to cater for people living with physical, mental health and sensory disability issues.
We are committed to the NDIS principles and objectives. We believe that people with a disability should:
- Be supported to participate in and contribute to social and economic life to the extent of their ability.
- Be able to exercise choice in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
- Receive reasonable and necessary supports, including early intervention supports.
- Receive supports outside of the NDIS, and be assisted to coordinate these supports with the supports provided under the NDIS.
We strive to provide our tenants with accommodation that fosters a sense of independence, choice and an ability to participate with a broader community, while also having their own space. We ensure that our tenants living with a disability have access to the same services as our other residents, giving them opportunity to become part of the vibrant Link Housing community. This includes:
- Access to a high-quality service with a Client Services team available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm for any questions, in addition to our Specialist Disability team.
- Invitations to community engagement events and activities. Many of our Disability Housing tenants have attended past events, including being involved with our art exhibition.
- Receiving the tenant newsletter and regular communications to ensure all tenants are kept up-to-date with important information and the community.
- Access to high quality end-to-end property management, including repairs and maintenance.
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
Link Housing’s Disability Housing services is mostly Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA). SDA is for people who have extreme functional impairment or very high support needs that require specialist housing solutions and supports. It is a product under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
You can find out more about the NDIS on their website, including the SDA Innovation Plan, which aims to provide greater flexibility and choice for participants in regard to disability housing.
We work in partnership with established Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers to deliver appropriate and long-term housing to people with SDA funding. Together, we aim to increase housing opportunities for people with a disability and create supportive and inclusive communities where tenants have the opportunity to participate.
Group Home Transfer
In March 2018 we commenced management of 49 group homes and a 10-bed medically supported facility, after being awarded a package under the NSW Government’s Specialist Disability Services tender in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alliance (CPA) in 2017.
We now manage group and respite homes housing for almost 300 residents in Sydney, providing tenancy and asset management for properties owned or leased by a range of disability services, ensuring quality housing. We also work alongside disability organisations to either develop land or redevelop older properties to deliver additional, quality housing for people with a disability.
Link Housing has a person-centred and supportive approach to transitioning former Ageing, Disability and Home Care NSW (ADHC) clients, and have received positive feedback from clients, their families and staff who transferred.
Link Housing currently works with the following disability support providers.
Are you interested in registering as a provider?
Participants and families can register as SDA providers under the same terms of business conditions as a housing provider. Please note that family homes are not generally considered as SDA eligible except partners and dependents.
More information and how to apply
If you are interested in finding out more information about Link Housing’s Specialist Disability Accommodation, or would like to apply for SDA, please contact our Disability Team on 9412 5111, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our Disability Housing Online Form to register your interest and have our Disability team call you back.