Link Housing’s 2019-20 was a year of significant achievement. It represented our 35th year of operation as a Community Housing Provider (CHP) within New South Wales.
We increased the number of homes under our management to 3,917 as at the end of June 20120, expanded teams and launched new products and services.
Download Link Housing’s Annual Report 2019/2020 for the full story.
Our annual Tenant Satisfaction Survey provides us with critical information to guide our strategic direction and influence initiatives for continuous improvement. The survey also allowed us to compare results between locations, and between our existing and newly
Our existing portfolio met the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH) benchmark in the key areas of overall satisfaction with services (79%), satisfaction with condition of home (76%), and satisfaction with repairs and maintenance (75%). Our newly transferred properties were below the benchmark, bringing the
aggregate scores to 75%, 71% and 68% respectively.
The results for the stock transferred just four months earlier, were anticipated. It confirms that we need to continue to invest in supporting our tenants through change, continue to invest in our staff and to focus on improvements in repairs and maintenance over the
coming 12 months. We have already begun implementing strategies to further improve in these areas through initiatives such as maintenance pop-ups. We had a high response rate of 30% and value the feedback tenants have shared with us through the survey.
A new Outcomes Reporting Framework was launched in June 2019, to be reported against in coming years. It connects Link Housing’s overarching strategy to our operational delivery of services.
It will contribute to a better understanding of how each of our roles and tasks delivers on our vision and strategic objectives. Work undertaken in this area links to the Human Services Outcomes Framework from FACS, which provides a way to understand and measure how FACS has a long-term, positive impact on lives and enables us to build evidence of how we are improving tenant wellbeing.
Our Link Housing Outcomes Framework specifies six outcome areas including wellbeing, health, education, community, safety, employment and of course, home. Over the next year, we will collect data to report against these six outcome areas.
Meeting our targets
At Link Housing, we have set a strategic objective that we are focused on achieving – to provide 7,500 homes for those in need by 2023.
In 2019, we made progress towards this goal by:
- Commencing management of an additional 1,874 social housing properties in December 2018 under the 20-year SHMT program with Family and Community Services (FACS), renamed Communities and Justice as at June 2019.
- Receiving the transfer of 72 North Sydney Council properties in March 2019.
- Growing our portfolio to 3,868 properties under management by the end of the financial year.
- Increasing our property related income by 71% to $41.5 million for the year ended 30 June 2019 over the previous year.
- Making a significant increase to our strategic investment and spend on maintenance. Net assets increased and operating surplus was at $4.9 million (excluding fair value gain from revaluation of our investment properties). This operating surplus was achieved in a year of high growth where project, staffing and other costs were well managed.
Read more in our latest annual report.