A successful track record
Link Housing is recognised as a well-governed, effectively-managed organisation, with a dynamic Board and leadership team, and a workforce committed to providing the best possible service to our clients and partners.
Link Housing operates within a highly regulated sector.
- As a company limited by guarantee, Link Housing is subject to the Corporations Act 2001.
- As a registered charity (and public benevolent institution), we are regulated by the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission, with residual reporting requirements to the Australian Securities and Investment Commission, and the Australian Taxation Office.
- Under the National Regulatory System, Link Housing is a Tier 1 Registered Community Housing Provider, having met the highest level of performance requirements and regulatory engagement. Read the Tier 1 2020 Performance Report.
Abiding by our Code of Conduct
Because of the nature of our work, we hold an important position in the community that requires transparency, honesty, respect and fairness for everyone that we support and serve.
Our Code of Conduct outlines the minimum standards of conduct and behaviour expected of Link Housing directors, employees, contractors and volunteers as they go about their work.
As well as other guiding principles, the Code of Conduct outlines our corporate values:
- Ethical through transparency, fairness, honesty
- Excellence in everything we do
- Respectful of everyone we engage with
- Accountable to tenants and other stakeholders
- Safety – think safe, work safe, be safe; and
- Leadership – the courage to shape the future.
Implementing a Reportable Events policy
A reportable event refers to any serious incident that compromises the quality of our residents or the services we provide, the good governance or viability of Link Housing, and which may raise public concern about standards of probity.